Do not pass food with liquid: liquid water preferably be taken 15 minutes before eating.
Eat as an act of pleasure and happiness: enjoy food and enjoy every bite and pleasure neurotransmitters that help us turn when something pleasant are released.
Consume live raw foods: fruits, fresh vegetables, sprouts or sprouts, nuts and (very important with no added salt) raw seeds.
Combine good food: Proteins are delayed an average of four hours to be digested, carbohydrates about three, vegetables and generally two hours. The mixture of protein and carbohydrate fermentation and generate gases and are not recommended. Fruits, meanwhile are faster assimilation and do not combine well with other foods. You must combine sweet with sweet (papaya, watermelon, cantaloupe), semi-acidic with semi-acidic (strawberry, plums, tangerines), and acid with acid (pineapple, blackberry, lemon).
The food colors also play an important role:
– Red foods: tomatoes, Granada and even watermelon, contain lycopene, an antioxidant that has been shown to decrease the risk of prostate cancer.
– Orange foods such as carrots, mango and pumpkin, are beta-carotene, which strengthens the immune system and prevents skin cancers and mucous membranes.
– Yellow fruits such as oranges, tangerines, lemons, limes and peaches, have vitamin C and have flavonoids, which have high antioxidant properties.
– Leafy green and white, like broccoli, cabbage, cabbage and cauliflower contain indole and lutein, which help dispose of carcinogens and excess hormones in the body and prevent breast cancer.
– In general, cruciferous like arugula and radish, help protect cells from DNA damage and to deactivate carcinogens, promote programmed cell death (apoptosis) and inhibit the formation of tumor blood vessels (angiogenesis), and tumor cell migration (needed to occur metastases).
– Foods that combine green and yellow, such as garlic, onions, scallions, asparagus and even bananas, have different ways of allyl sulfides that kill cancer cells and simultaneously boost the immune system.
– The color blue of blueberries, plums, purple grapes, means that there is a contribution of anthocyanins, which detoxifies carcinogens possible. In red grapes, cherries and plums is also an antioxidant resveratrol.
– Brown foods like whole food grains, provides high fiber content (also present in fruits and vegetables) that helps digestion, and removes toxins and different own waste from the body.
– Green tea: Its leaves contain powerful antioxidants that help prevent cell damage.
– Turmeric: is the queen of spices, is a powerful anti-inflammatory, analgesic and anti-cancer, is recommended daily in the diet, coupled with a pinch of black pepper to increase its capacity for action.
– Ginger, with varied amounts of antioxidants is also a potent anti-inflammatory.
– Olive oil, has many benefits for cardiovascular health, and also one of its components in oil extra virgin olive oil, called oleocanthal, is able to kill cancer cells without harming human cells.
– Others like aloe-vera and prebiotics and probiotics are essential in preventing cancer.
What not to eat:
Junk food, on the other hand,
– Has a very high amount of refined sugars that stimulate excessive production of insulin and other factors that can promote the growth of cancer cells and their ability to invade healthy tissue. It contains an excessive amount of white flour, which in addition to not promote proper nutrition, increase the problem described in the previous section.
– Have an excessive use of fried foods with vegetable soybean, sunflower, and corn and / or hydrogenated fats, which promote chronic inflammation, a factor that alters the immune response against cancer and promotes the development of some types of tumors.
– It has a high content of processed meats such as ham, sausages, corned beef, besides containing excessive salt, have been directly related to the generation of colon and stomach cancer.
– It is low in natural fiber, which reduces the benefits that this brings, among which is the at least partial reduction of the adverse effects of some foods.
– It is stored and processed with techniques that adversely affect health. They are added preservatives and flavorings and is often cooked at high game using Teflon, plastic utensils (generators bisphenol A, BPA) and microwave oven, conditions that can be highly counterproductive.